CHURCH LANE DISTRICT REGENERATION EXECUTIVE SUMMARY OF PUBLIC CONSULTATION FEBRUARY 2007
1. 218 people visited the Exhibition during the Open Days on February 13 and 14 2007.
2. 89 of these (41%) filled in the questionnaire. These respondents covered a wide age range from the under 18s to the over 65s (see Figure I). There was a less comprehensive spread of ethnic groups with 81% of respondents being white (see Figure II).
Figure I: The Age Group profiles of questionnaire respondents
Figure II: The Ethnic Group profiles of questionnaire respondents
3. There was a nearly 50-50 split of males and females at the consultation (see Figure III).
Figure III: Male / female split
4. There was strong support for all the key aspects of the new scheme (see Figure IV).
SUPPORT FOR PROPOSED AMENITITES
Figure IV: Support for proposed amenities
5. 68 out of 77 people - 88% - agree or strongly agree with the proposed new food store.
6. 71 out of 82 people - 87% - agree or strongly agree with the proposed new medical centre.
7. 73 out of 82 people - 89% - agree or strongly agree with the proposed of additional retail units.
8. 70 out of 79 people - 89% - agree or strongly agree with the proposed new community centre.
9. 74 out of 85 people - 87% - agree or strongly agree with the proposed additional car parking.