CHURCH LANE DISTRICT REGENERATION EXECUTIVE SUMMARY OF PUBLIC CONSULTATION SEPTEMBER 2006
1. 205 people visited the Exhibition during the Open Days on September 21 and 22 2006.
2. 119 of these (58%) filled in the questionnaire. These respondents covered a wide age range from the under 18s to the over 65s (see Figure I). There was a less comprehensive spread of ethnic groups with 83% of respondents being white (see Figure II).
Figure I: The Age Group profiles of questionnaire respondents
Figure II: The Ethnic Group profiles of questionnaire respondents
CURRENT USAGE OF CHURCH LANE AMENITIES
Figure III: The current use of Church Lane amenities
3. The shops are currently the most frequently used resource, with nearly 50% of respondents using them every day (see Figure III).
4. Three quarters of respondents use the Community Centre occasionally, weekly or daily.
5. 79% of respondents never use the basketball court, while 70% never use the public house.
SUPPORT FOR PROPOSED AMENITITES
Figure IV: Support for proposed amenities
6. There is large support for eight out of the ten proposed amenities: Regeneration in general, new food store, improved car parking, improved retail, new homes, new community centre, new medical centre, and a new road crossing (see Figure IV).
7. There is general support for re-providing the basketball court.
8. There is less support for retaining the existing pub, with 27% of respondents strongly disagreeing or disagreeing with the idea.